Friday, May 20, 2011
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon cold water
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground black
12 skinless chicken thighs
1. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles.
2. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
3. Place chicken pieces in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Brush chicken with the sauce. Turn pieces over, and brush again.
4. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Turn pieces over, and bake for another 30 minutes, until no longer pink and juices run clear. Brush with sauce every 10 minutes during cooking.
I changed out the white sugar for brown sugar and added two more cloves of garlic. Simmered on stove till it came together. I marinated 5 boneless chicken breasts with this sauce for an hour then grilled them. They came out amazing! A few of the comments on the website thought it was salty, but I really didn't think so once it was on the chicken. I found it quite good. Enjoy!
Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream
2 cups heavy cream
1 (14 oz.) Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Whip heavy cream to stiff peaks in large bowl. Whisk sweetened condensed milk, butter, cinnamon, and vanilla in large bowl. Mix well. Fold in whipped cream.
Pour into a 2-quart container and cover. Freeze 6 hours or until firm. Store in freezer.
Fir More variations:
Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dessert/easy-homemade-ice-cream-without-a-machine.html#ixzz1MuElpkIx
This is a recipe that I had never tried before and it's really good! Mind you, it's EXTREMELY rich and obviously not that great for you..lol..but it tastes great and is a simple treat! Soo good! Enjoy!
Thursday, May 19, 2011
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 tablespoons white sugar
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C). Grease bottoms only of 12 muffin cups or line with baking cups.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, chocolate chips, and salt; mix well. In a small bowl, combine milk, oil and egg; blend well. Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy.)
3. Fill cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops of muffins before baking with a combination of 3 tablespoons sugar and 2 tablespoon brown sugar.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm.
I added 1/4 cup of sour cream for moistness-you could up the milk to 1 cup instead of the sour cream if you wanted. I kinda messed up on the sugar-I had 5 Tablespoons of sugar and 2 of brown sugar in the batter-but it tasted good! Also if you wanted you could add a teaspoon of vanilla. Mine made 12 regular muffins-Engjoy!!